Friday, August 3, 2012

Important Information Binder

It's hard getting ready for the school year when you are 8000 miles away(!!!), but I think that being organized is one of the best things you can do for your peace of mind.

One organizational tool that I have been using for years is my "(inset school name) Important Information Binder".  After tweaking it year after year I have finally got it down to 8 perfect divided sections:

  • Calendars
  • Student Information
  • Awards
  • Staff Info
  • Guidance
  • Personal Evaluations
  • Professional Development
  • Extras
Here is what my binder for this year looks like:



I use this binder solely for the purpose of keeping general, frequently accessed material, close by. EVERYTHING that goes in this binder is first placed in a protective sheet sleeve and then put in its spot. There is nothing more annoying than going to find info on a student and discovering it folded, torn, or falling apart!

This is easy to make and I love that it stands out from the rest of my curricula binders! 

I got this beautiful turquoise binder (1 1/2 inch) for $4.99-- a good binder is worth the investment-- and the write on tabs (8) for $2.99 from Office Depot. I got the paper from the Dollar Tree (40 sheets for 99 cents) and assembled it all at home with supplies I had around.




Finding this cute paper at the Dollar Tree made me so happy because it meant I didn't need to print using color!!! Woo hoo! I just made my sections, printed them on my fancy cheap paper, glued the sections to the tab dividers (which I will laminate once I get to school), punched out the holes and Voila! a beautiful new binder ready to be used!




Click here for more details as to why I organize the sections the way I do and then click here for a template I created so you can create your own "Important Information" binder.

Enjoy!

Michelle Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment